Issie: Why I Took A Break                                                          

Why I Took A Break

    
Hi Everyone,
I'm back!  It's been a while since I did a blog but now I am back in full flight!  There are many reasons that I took a break from blogging and social media over the last year but it was mainly due to the fact that I simply needed a rest from it all.  Life can be tiring and demanding at times and I needed to cut myself off from the greater world and concentrate on myself and my family.

A lot has happened in the last year, most of which was emotionally draining.  My Grandmother passed away aged ninety and this has had a massive effect on the whole family.  I have seen friends and family diagnosed with cancer and sadly not make it through, and this always throws me off balance.  And to top it all off, I had another cancer scare myself!  A new lump was found in my left breast and I thought that the cancer was back.  It was a very difficult time being back in hospital getting tests done and waiting for results.  As it turned out, I got the all clear but there is nothing like a cancer scare to give you a reality check.

As I face into the new year, I feel positive and optimistic.  I'm in my forties now and I seem happier calmer than ever before.  I know myself better and I embrace my life.  Every day truly is a bonus.  I am taking a career break and concentrating on my family.  Time is so precious and one simply cannot put a value on it.  Every day that I can get up and be a healthy, normal person is a dream come true.  We are all so busy and caught up in life that sometimes we forget what really matters.  Family.  Friends.  Love.  Peace.  Happiness.  The simple things in life.


See you soon,
Issie
xxx