Issie: Cork Digital Marketing Awards 2016                                                          

Cork Digital Marketing Awards 2016

    
Cork Digital Marketing Awards is an annual event organized by the Cork Chamber of Commerce.  These awards celebrate digital marketing and are a great platform for businesses to showcase their digital marketing strategies.  I could not believe it when my business Issie's Handmade Chocolate was a nominee, then a semi-finalist and ultimately a finalist in two categories, Best Use of Facebook for a business in existence for over three years and Best Use of Video.


To say I was excited was an understatement!  I was so delighted to be a part of such a great event and to think that my business, Issie's Handmade Chocolate, was up for two awards made me burst with pride.  I decided to go all out for this occasion with spray tan, OPI two week gel nail polish, full make-up application and a chic up-do for my hair.  I felt like a princess heading to the ball!



The event was held in Fota Island Hotel and Spa.  Upon arrival there were plenty of networking opportunities and the pink prosecco flowed.  There was an electric atmosphere and all attendees were excited and elated.  It was fun, relaxed and everyone was buzzing with anticipation.


With Aoife Dunne of The Cork Chamber Business School

At 7pm, all two hundred and sixty of us settled into the exquisite dining room for a lavish 4 course meal.  Both the service and the meal were excellent and before we knew it KC from Cork's Red FM was announcing the winners of each of the sixteen categories.

I was gutted when I did not win either of my two categories, but in all honesty the standard was extremely high and I was delighted to have been a finalist.  I felt that all of my daily hard work grinding away at my digital and video marketing was recognized by industry peers and professionals.


As the awards ceremony drew to a close, spirits were high as everyone danced the night away to a snazzy jazz singer.  I was proud to attend the Cork Digital Marketing Awards 2016 representing Issie's Handmade Chocolate, a rural based, female owned, small business from West Cork.

Watch my preparations and how the night unfolded .




See you soon,
Issie
xxx