Issie: Spa Visit and Afternoon Tea at The Brehon Hotel Killarney                                                          

Spa Visit and Afternoon Tea at The Brehon Hotel Killarney

    
As the busy Summer season winds down, I decided to treat myself to a day of pampering at The Brehon Hotel.  This a wonderful 4 star hotel nestled on the outskirts of Killarney, surrounded by luscious green grass and the stunning Lakes of Killarney.


The Brehon is is owned and run by the O'Donoghue family and it certainly has the vibe of a family run hotel.  Upon arrival, I was greeted by courteous, friendly and professional staff at the stunning reception.  I made my way to the Angsana Spa and Vitality Suite and as I entered the aromas and the atmosphere were intoxicating.  Even the very gentle background music was intended to relax and nurture the soul.  



The Vitality Suite is a series of rooms designed to take your body on a magical journey from wet and dry, to warm and cold.  It consists of a 12 metre Vitality Pool, Hot Spa and Cold Spa, Tropical Rain Showers, Herb Sauna, Crystal Steam Room, Caldarium, An Ice Fountain and a Kubeldusche.  There is no precise journey in the Vitality Suite and the aim is to relax and detoxify yourself.  I tried every area and I leisurely moved around the whole suite from treatment to treatment.  I have never felt so chilled out and it gave my body a chance to re-energize.



The robes and slippers were cosy and comfy and I wore them in the Relaxation room where I felt like a Queen as I was served divine Jasmine tea and a platter of fresh fruit.  Honestly, it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life.



After all of this relaxation and detoxification, I was ravenous.  I made my way to a private mezzanine area located beside a cosy fire and luxurious soft furnishings.  This first floor, indoor balcony  area overlooked the main reception lobby and the architecture and decor was stunning.  


I was served the most wonderful Afternoon Tea accompanied by freshly brewed tea.  The sandwiches were dainty, the scones were baked to perfection, and the desserts and petit fours were delectable.  The whole dining experience was superb and the attention to detail was meticulous.



I simply cannot express how reinvigorated I felt after my day at The Brehon Hotel.  It truly is a world class hotel.  And yet one of the things that I loved about it was how welcome I felt there.  It had the atmosphere of a stately home of a bygone era where visitors were welcomed into the home by the Lord and Lady of the Manor.  I genuinely felt as if I was a guest in a friends home.  It had a cosiness about it, and a genuine heartbeat that was palpable the minute you walked in the door.  I will forever have beautiful memories of my day at The Brehon in Killarney.

See exactly how my day went by watching the video below.


See you soon,
Issie
xxx