Issie: The Anti-Cancer Way of Life                                                          

The Anti-Cancer Way of Life

    
When was diagnosed with Breast Cancer the week of my 35th birthday, I was obviously extremely shocked.  At the time I thought that I was fit and healthy.  So I could not understand how it happened to me.  However, 4 years on, I now clearly see that my lifestyle was hectic and stressful, my diet was relatively poor and I was completely overwhelmed by the reality of modern day life.

When I was diagnosed, I did exactly what the doctors said.  I had a mastectomy with immediate reconstruction, followed by 6 months of chemotherapy and then 6 weeks of daily radiotherapy.  I had a year long course of Herceptin and I was put on Tamoxifen for 5 years.  It was intense, and difficult at times but I did it.  I remained extremely positive throughout this time and it gave me copious amounts of time to reflect on my life.  How had this happened?  Why had this happened?  It just did not make sense.  However, the more I researched the matter, major factors came to light.  Diet plays a phenomenal role in our health.  And the foods we eat and the drinks we drink can actually help us fight the battle against cancer.  Also, I believe our outlook on life can get us through extremely stressful situations.  And finally our lifestyle choices are the final piece of the puzzle.

I wholeheartedly believe that we ourselves can fight this disease successfully if we make the necessary changes to our diets, our outlook and our lifestyle.  I had to learn all of these facts the hard way.  And now I want to share my believes with you and together we can embrace a healthier, happier life.

Healthy Eating.

I totally believe in this diet, or healthy eating as I like to call it.  It has become a way of life for me.  It is the ultimate anti-cancer diet.  You will look good, feel amazing, boost your immunity and fight those cancer cells with all your might.  It is easy to follow and you will quickly reap the benefits.  Your weight will adjust to your a natural weight that suits you accordingly.  Give yourself 28 days on this new lifestyle choice and you will see the results for yourself.

The Principal Rules.

1.     Eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks.
2.     Aim for 8 glasses of filtered water a day.
3.     No sugar.
4.     Opt for low fat dairy products or use soya alternatives.
5.    Choose complex carbohydrates.  Eat brown bread, brown rice          and brown pasta.
6.     Limit yourself to 4 eggs a week.
7.     No processed foods at all.
9.     Eat organic, fresh fish, chicken and meat.
10.   Eat the anti-cancer super foods daily.
11.   Eat unlimited fruit and vegetables.
12.   Keep foods as close to their natural form as possible.
13.   Eliminate or reduce caffeine intake.
14.   Reduce salt intake.

Exercise is also a key element of this diet.  Ensure you get 30 minutes of physical activity daily, preferably out in the fresh air, doing an activity that you really enjoy.

The Anti-Cancer Super Foods.

These foods have proven anti-cancer fighting properties and they need to become a staple part of your daily diet.

Fruit

Tomato
Blueberries
Strawberries
Apricots
Avocados

Vegetables

Mushrooms
Carrots
Broccoli
Cabbage
Cauliflower

Nuts

Brazil
Walnuts
Almonds

Seeds

Flax
Sunflower
Pumpkin

Herbs & Spices

Garlic
Turmeric

Beverages

Green Tea
Filtered Water

This is the way that I live my life now.  I am extremely healthy, totally positive and I have a good work life balance.  I love my job so it does not really feel like work.  I manage my stress well and I am optimistic at all times.  I really believe in this way of life and I want to help others by spreading a message of healthy eating, positive thinking and a balanced, happy lifestyle.  Try it and see the results for yourself.  :-) xxx


Dave (my husband), Tom (my eldest son), Josh (my 2nd son) and me at a wedding in England in August, 2014.  Happy family memories.