Issie: Happy Christmas 2014                                                          

Happy Christmas 2014

    
Christmas can be a strange time of the year.  For many it can be joyous and fun filled and for others it can be a sad and lonely time.  Obviously we would all like to be happy at this time of the year but we must spare a thought for people who may be suffering, for whatever reason.  Perhaps due to a resent bereavement, maybe due to going through a cancer diagnosis or for many other personal reasons.

For anyone going through cancer treatment, I just want to say that things will get better.  It does not go on forever, I promise.  Cancer is a word and not a life sentence.  It does not have to define you.  You must be strong and think positive and fight it.  Better times lay ahead, for sure.  You can and you will get through it.  It is a chapter in your life that will come and go.  It will make you a better person and it is definitely character building.


Here is a picture of me on Christmas Day, 2011, when I was exactly half way through my chemotherapy treatment.  I had a wig on and I was drinking wine enjoying myself in my  parents house.

There will be dark days, I am not denying that.  However, the best is yet to come.  If you can get through this, you can get through anything.

So, eat, drink and be merry.  Be grateful for everything that you have,  Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.  Treat others as you would like them to treat you.  It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.  And spare a thought for anyone who may be suffering this Christmas.  If you can reach out to them and help them in any way, please do.  It will mean everything to them.

Have a wonderful, happy and healthy Christmas my friends.  Hugs to you all.  :-)  xxx


This is a photo of me and Dave on 04/12/14 at my work Christmas party.  It was the first time that I wore my hair up since it grew back and also the first time that I wore a halter neck dress exposing the scar across my back.  Guess what?  No body noticed!
Photo by Peter Johnson.

Merry Christmas!